Friday, March 12, 2010

Transvision Vamp

I’m digging real deep into my Obscure Vault of Forgotten Music, am opening up the “Who the Hell is that Group?” file, and am pulling out the video for the great “Transvision Vamp“.

I wonder if anyone here in the US ever even heard of this group….

I heard them while living in England and really liked the song “I Want Your Love“.

Transvision Vamp was a British Alternative Rock Band led by lead singer Wendy James.

Between 1987 and 1991, the group charted 7 hits onto the British Top-40 Charts.

As far as I can tell, they never charted any songs on any US Charts.

Oh well, at least this might bring back fond memories for the millions of faithful readers that I have in the United Kingdom and throughout Europe….

[Via http://idiotflashback.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment