Friday, December 11, 2009

TV is out of touch

I was taking a break and enjoying a bacon and egg sandwich when I noticed a program called My sweet sixteen on MTV and I couldnt believe what an abomination of my time this is. Are they being ironic? If so maybe they should rebrand as Irony TV rather than Music Television. My hunch is they know what they are making is shit, but it pleases a certain demographic which therefore ensures it is made. Its just retarded. But i am not 16 or a peadophile. maybe if I was 16 I would watch it? OF COURSE I FUCKING WOULDNT! I was too busy playing in a band, drinking in fields and “discovering myself”. Perhaps if I was a girl and 16 I would watch it? AHHHHHh 16 year old girls, dirty old men and peadophiles THATS THE MARKET. Good work MTV.

Incidentally while taking a nap after my big sandwich, I lifted my cap and to the sound of “So this is Christmas” playing the hostel jukebox i saw a starving child in africa advert.  The older i get the more of a grinch I become and listening to Christmas songs to the imagery of children starving just made me think how disconnected I am from the rest of the world.

Whats more the advert was placed between My Sweet Sixteen, a show where girls cry if their car is not expensive enough and their friends wear dresses better than their own. Do many 16 year old girls have an income and give to charities  that help the hungry? Whats the demographic for that? Is this irony?

 It couldnt be more perfectly demonstrative of how out of touch mainstream television is with real people and real life and it demonstrates a lack of morals and a complete disregard for human life. 

MTV are on the shit list

[Via http://mrcasadei.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment