Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 2 > Day 1

I heard once that, “if you change the way you view the world, the world around you will change.” (or something along those lines, haha).

Going back today with an open mind and heart made me see opportunities that I missed yesterday. Being positive is a great feeling and brings happiness to people around you as well. It made the day go by faster and I didn’t come home with a fatty headache! (Even though I got lost on the subway, AGAIN!)

Today I finished the press kit mailing for VH1’s Soul Train. A press kit is basically a press release and little sneak peak of the show that will be premiering. It contains information about the show so the person or organization you are sending it to can write a story or article about it (which in turn will help generate publicity and buzz about it.)

I’m getting better at clipping articles. Today I did the daily newspapers (NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Newsday, etc), weekly magazines (US Weekly, Hip Hop, People, etc) and trade magazines (Ad Age, etc).

It’s very motivating to see the publicity senior VP and VP’s in their offices. They’re large and in charge! They always seem cool, confidant and collected.

*By the way, my little sister got a job interview at Crumbs Cupcakes on Thursday! Yay for her! She’s super excited so wish her luck!*

[Via http://dreamsofnyc.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment